Monday, May 17, 2010

Our two year anniversary!



Two years ago today I was blessed to marry the love of my life, my high school sweetheart Anna Katherine Askew. Knowing that I would get to spend the rest of my life with someone as amazing as Anna was the greatest thought I had ever had, but actually living life with Anna for these past two years has been greater than I could ever have imagined. That old, sappy expression you always hear in movies when people say that “He/she makes me a better person” never really made sense to me until I met Anna. She is the warmest, happiest, kindest, most genuine, and most Godly woman that I’ve ever met and challenges me daily through her actions to become a better person…more like her…more like Christ. I love my Annie more with everyday that passes, and she is truly the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.


I’m not much of a country music fan, but there’s one song that reminds me so much of how I feel about Anna. It’s called “She’s Everything” by Brad Paisley, and the lyrics are posted below.


“She’s Everything” by Brad Paisley


She's a yellow pair of running shoes

A holey pair of jeans

She looks great in cheap sunglasses

She looks great in anything

She's I want a piece of chocolate

Take me to a movie

She's I can't find a thing to wear

Now and then she's moody


She's a Saturn with a sunroof

With her brown hair a-blowing

She's a soft place to land

And a good feeling knowing

She's a warm conversation

That I wouldn't miss for nothing

She's a fighter when she's mad

And she's a lover when she's loving


And she's everything I ever wanted

And everything I need

I talk about her, I go on and on and on

'Cause she's everything to me


She's a Saturday out on the town

And a church girl on Sunday

She's a cross around her neck

And a cuss word 'cause its Monday

She's a bubble bath and candles

Baby come and kiss me

She's a one glass of wine

And she's feeling kinda tipsy


She's the giver I wish I could be

And the stealer of the covers

She's a picture in my wallet

And my unborn children's mother

She's the hand that I'm holding

When I'm on my knees and praying

She's the answer to my prayer

And she's the song that I'm playing


And she's everything I ever wanted

And everything I need

I talk about her, I go on and on and on

'Cause she's everything to me


She's the voice I love to hear

And someday when I'm ninety

She's that wooden rocking chair

I want rocking right beside me

Everyday that passes

I only love her more

Yeah, she's the one

That I'd lay down my own life for


And she's everything I ever wanted

And everything I need

She's everything to me

Yeah she's everything to me

4 comments:

  1. Aw, Bubba that was such a sweet tribute to your beautiful wife! Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry! Thank you for this sweet, sweet post! I love that song- and I love that I am who you think of when you hear it :) You are my very favorite person... I adore you, and I am so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with you! Happy Two Years, nAHthan!!!
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I picked you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Nathan, what a heartfelt, sweet post. I don't know that song, but I love it and it made me cry just reading it!
    Thanks for sharing with all of us your love for Anna! She's one lucky gal :)

    ReplyDelete