Thursday, May 6, 2010

Free time?? What's that?!

Now that I'm officially finished with the worst school year of my life, I've been thinking of all the things that I am able to do since 14 hours of my day will no longer be required for studying. I compiled a list.


1) Blogs. Blogging definitely took a back seat to school. I have almost a dozen people who use this blog to satisfy almost all of their humor needs, and now, with Conan no longer hosting The Tonight Show, these people need me even more! I will not let you down again faithful subscribers...I apologize for getting my priorities mixed up.


2) Sleep. I averaged 1 or 2 nights a week in which I was actually able to go to bed at the same time as Anna. Schoolwork always carried over until well after Anna’s bedtime of 10:00, and I always found myself returning to my “study cave” after tucking Anna in and kissing her goodnight. I also averaged about 3 hours of sleep a night on the weekends immediately preceding my knowledge and comp exams. Not cool Pharmacy school…I’m definitely looking forward to regular sleep cycles.


3) Video games. Somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine, I’m really going to utilize the next couple of weeks off from school to get my video game fix. I’m glad that I’ve now got this year of pharmacy school out of the way, so that I have more time for the important things in life…such as protecting the galaxy from genocide by the Reapers in Mass Effect. J


4) Dog tricks. It’s crazy how “crazy” I am about our 1 & ½ year old Schnauzer puppy Bella. One of my favorite things to do is impress company with her tricks. Thus far we have mastered the twist (where she spins around in circles at lightning fast speed), up (where she stands upright on her back feet), sit, lay-down, and rollover. Coming soon are play dead, high-five, and the 4-move checkmate.


5) Leisure reading. Since last August, I haven’t read because I wanted to…I read because I HAD to. Which is why this one may actually take a few weeks for me to start. For the last year, the thought of reading has been synonymous with some sort of Chinese water torture for me. It’s kind of sad that I can only claim to have read two books since August: Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach by Joseph T. Dipiro, et al (2592 pages) and Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs by Mary Anne Koda-Kimble, et al (3040 pages). Some pretty dry reading to say the least………….


So that’s my current, short-and-sweet list of my dreams and aspirations over the next couple of weeks. I’m excited to once again have time to blog--looking forward to entertaining you with my thoughts and stories!

4 comments:

  1. I have truly missed reading your blogs! They are always a treat and better yet, they are always much shorter than my blogs, which is a characteristic that is quite handy.
    Congrats on finishing this year, Nathan! It was hard for all of us, too, but not because we had to read over 7000 pages of Pharma-psycho-crud, but because we didn't have YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for free time!! We welcome you back to the land of the living! :) We are all so proud of you and can't wait to have you officially back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for Bella's new tricks. Ellie has mastered "sit".

    ReplyDelete