Monday, July 13, 2009

Things you can't look cool purchasing...

Making trips to Wal-Mart for a single item is bad enough, but I have found that there are some single items that it is impossible to feel confident or look cool while buying.
Item number 1: toilet paper. Ok, first of all, everyone goes. But it's not necessarily something that is exactly comfortable to bring up in everyday, casual conversation. With that said, being out of T.P., when you've gotta go might be the worst feeling ever. So, when you're speed-walking through Wal-Mart shouldering a 12-pack of jumbo rolls of T.P. (because in these economic times, everyone knows the 12-pack of jumbo rolls holds the most bang for your buck), it's extremely hard to look cool, seeing as everyone knows what those jumbo, double-ply rolls of softness will shortly be used for.
Item number 2: a plunger. This one's still fresh on my memory. There's nothing worse than a stopped-up toilet, regardless of the cause. And there's also nothing more humbling than walking through Wal-Mart with the mighty plunger. There's only one use for a plunger, and you can rest assured that everyone else in the store knows what problem you have.
Item number 3: tampons. It is impossible for a guy to look cool purchasing tampons. There's really no explanation need :)

This list is obviously not exhaustive, so feel free to add your humbling, single-item purchases in a comment.


8 comments:

  1. I thought of another.. GasX-- however, this is why Nathan can write a blog about this stuff.. because he is the one who always makes the single-item Wal-Mart trips! I love you for it babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh out loud!!! Some of those items are hard to buy even when you have a cart full of other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, I know the feeling as well!
    And I agree with Anna--it is nice to send you hubbies after them!
    I also agree with you, Mom. Even when you put those items towards the bottom of the cart, they have to come forward at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enema... Sorry if its spelled wrong... I was afraid to google it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was embarassed when buying my pregnancy tests. I don't know why. I just could never look the cashier in the eye. I had one cashier ask me if I thought it was a boy or girl. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure these items fall under this category:
    Preparation H
    KY Jelly (especially the new His/Hers kind that they are now cleverly advertising on tv)
    Condoms (unless your the guy and then everyone in the store looks at you and secretly gives you an imaginary high five)
    Jumbo sanitary pads (I've only bought these when I was pregnant and might as well have been buying Depends)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and this one, the KY INTENSE jelly. It's not bad enough to take it to the cash register, but then when it rings up $30!!!! and you want to void the sale but are too embarassed to admit the intensified effect might not be worth $30. So then you are a sucker for spending $30 on a product that is bascially no better then regular KY for 6 bucks. I'm just guessing that's how you'd feel. :)

    ReplyDelete